Instructions for Poster Presenters
Please note that everyone with an accepted ePoster may present a paper poster Onsite aswell as upload an ePoster to the Virtual Platform.
In order to facilitate the correct numbers of board onsite, there will be a very strict deadline to confirm that you are able to travel to Barcelona and present a paper poster onsite. Poster Presenters will be send an e-mail about this at the end of January 2022.
Online ePoster Guidelines
Presenters will receive a dedicated link to upload their e-posters via email in December 2021.
Abstracts allocated to E-Poster Viewing will upload their E-Poster to be available for viewing, from the start of the meeting, in the e-poster gallery on the virtual platform (no dedicated session time).
Only posters of registered participants will be displayed in the E-Poster Gallery or be available to present onsite.
Deadline for uploading your E-Poster: 1st March, 2022
Prepare your E-Poster
Technical specification for E-Poster preparation
Please submit your E-Poster as a PDF file in landscape orientation.
- File Format: PDF file – 1 page is recommended
- Orientation: Please create your document in PowerPoint in Landscape Layout 16×9 and Save it as a PDF file
- Font types: Arial, Calibri, Verdana Times New Roman or Helvetica
- Font size: > 11
- Hyperlinks, animated images, animations and embedded videos are not permitted
- QR Codes may be included
- Images and tables: at least 200 dpi. Good picture quality is essential.
- When inserting images, photos, tables, etc., use copy-paste. Do not use embedded documents
- Avoid overlapping objects and layers. Only the final view/status will be visible
- When saving your PDF please do not use symbols or special characters (ie. +/@/ü) in the file name
- File size: Less than 5 MB
- If you wish, you may use a template that can be downloaded HERE
Recording your MP3 (MP3 only)
For instructions on how to record a short 5min or less audio file for your ePoster, please click here.
**Please note that you may NOT save the file name with any characters or symbols – only letters and numbers and no spaces in the file name.
By following the guidelines, you will ensure your e-poster is displayed correctly. Without following these instructions your e-Poster will be unable to be uploaded.
Messaging E-Poster presenters
Within the platform, there is a messaging service to facilitate scientific exchange. Messages can be sent by participants directly to the presenter’s email (without seeing the presenters email address) by clicking the envelope icon.
Interaction with ePoster Presenters
ePoster presenters have the option to include a URL link to their own online personal e-meeting rooms (via Zoom, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Microsoft Teams, etc.) or institutional e-meeting rooms together with their availability, where they can then meet other delegates for interaction and discussion. You can create free zoom meeting rooms here: https://zoom.us/. The presenter takes responsibility for these third-party links and the Organizers are unable to monitor them
By uploading your E-Poster and audio file, you agree to having it published in the official Congress publications and on the Congress website, virtual platform and society website for the duration of 3 months following the Virtual Congress.
For questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Onsite Paper Poster Guidelines
- It is recommended that you stand at your Poster during the coffee and lunch breaks.
- You will be sent an e-mail a few days before the congress with your Poster Board #. In addition there will be a Poster Helpdesk onsite to check your board #.
- Poster Boards will be located in the Exhibition Area for all conference days that the Exhibition is open – from the 16th March.
The dimensions of the poster board are PORTRAIT style. It is suggested that your poster will be 90 cm wide by 120 cm tall.
Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
The text, illustrations, etc. should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters.
Double sided tape, tacks and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters. Staff will also be in the poster area to assist you.